Most people have never been blind. So most people can’t fully understand Steve—but Steve Welker can understand them. That’s what makes his message so powerful.
His story is about a tragedy that has been turned into a triumph of spirit in a world so many of us simply take for granted—but Steve Welker cannot.
When Steve was 37, he thought he had everything going for him. He had a great career, great wife and twins on the way. Steve was leading a charmed life, that was until April 30, 1994. Then, in a matter of seconds, everything changed! In one seemingly senseless, unfathomable moment of disastrous coincidence, just days before the birth of their twin boys, both Steve and Kristi were severely injured in a car crash, and Steve lost his sight forever.
Seeing no other favorable options, Steve learned how to sharpen his resiliency skills and eventually build a new, rewarding life. He has gone on to become a successful businessperson, author, speaker, father and husband. Using his story as an anchor, Steve shares how the closing of doors in your life are signals to start looking for new doors. He explains, by example, how to look for the door knobs, not the locks.
Whether your group is facing unique obstacles, overwhelming change or Personal challenges, Steve’s program can help them build the resiliency skills they need to overcome and thrive. Strong resiliency skills can help anyone bounce back from challenges faster and have happier, more productive lives.
For maximum effectiveness, Steve custom tailors his ‘Radical Resiliency’ message to each group he speaks with.
Let Steve personalize a presentation for you. It is guaranteed to be a message you will not soon forget.
“I believe, most people, when they truly accept their limitations, can develop or uncover from within themselves an ability to overcome great odds. Superhero status is not a prerequisite. One does not have to possess indefatigable willpower or unshakeable motivation to succeed after a tragedy. With the proper tools and faith in God, most people can do it.”
- Very impressive motivational speaker!
- Inspires me to model resiliency with and for others by positive conscious practice … attitude of gratitude.
- It reinforced my desire to be able to encourage, support, and comfort others in my life, personally and professionally.
- Thank you for sharing your story. It will help to educate others going through difficult times, especially with our economy.
- Steve walks the walk and talks the talk – thank you!
- Wonderful presentation!
- Very inspiring.
- Inspiration in all aspect professional and personal. Thank you. I certainly needed this session at this time.
- Excellent speaker, grabs your attention
- “Fantastic speaker, great topic. Very moving and inspiring.”
- “This presentation motivated me to follow my dreams.”
- “Steve has a great sense of humor.”
- “I was thoroughly impressed with Mr. Welker’s story. We complain about how hard like is until we experience someone else’s story. Mr. Welker has given me a new found confidence and a stronger outlook on life. Thank you for sharing your experience.”
- “Fantastic presentation today! Steve Welker is an excellent speaker!”
- “Very inspirational speaker. Good ice breaker and realization of what being blind is about”
- American Express
- Arizona State University
- Bank of America
- Banner Health
- Clear Channel Communications
- Dial Corporation
- Fed Ex
- JP Morgan/ Chase
- Macy’s, Price/ Waterhouse
- U. S. Airways and Vanguard
- Many more!